Wednesday, May 16, 2007

week 11-excel tute task

I haven't used excel in so long, I vaguely remember doing it in year 10 but still, I have no idea how to use it. We had to work out costs and things for three people. Being as I didn't really understand what excel was for because I had never used it outside of school before, I was pretty confused as to why we were entering these values. Anyway, the first steps were basic and easy, just typing names and amount etc. So that was simple enough. When we progressed onto harder things, it was more confusing. The instructions helped heaps, but sometimes didn't explain little things you had to do, so I would do it slightly wrong and it wouldn't work like the instructions said it should. Those were the main problems I experienced, and the solutions to them were just to get Adam to help me and explain it to me and get help from people around me too.
It wasn't too confusing but because I have no idea about it I'm sure other people would have found it easier than me. I can definitely see how it would be useful, as Adam explained it to me, it saves a lot of time when you're trying to work out finances etc. So although I would have to get a better feel for it, it would be very beneficial to people who know how to use it and who do use it when they are doing spreadsheets etc.

No comments: