Sunday, May 20, 2007

I didn't see that I had to do this in week 3!!

Ok, I was just checking all the tute tasks we were meant to do since the start of semester, and I fully saw this task from week 3 that I never saw and therefore haven't done! I don't know if it's too late or anything, but I'll do it anyway. The task was to post a blog about my experiences with communication technologies, so how I use them, and which ones I use.

I use lots of forms of communication technologies; I use the phone often, as well as the computer and the tv. I also go to the cinema as well. However, these aren't all new communication technologies, although they have definitely been updated, which makes them new. But, there are a lot of actual new communication technologies that I use just as frequently.

These include, first and foremost, the mobile phone! I know it seems like such a trivial thing to say that mobiles are so important etc, but honestly, they are great for keeping in touch with everyone you know! The fact that you can just send a message as well is an effective way to catch up with someone and organise something etc, quickly. It's also handy to know that wherever you are, providing you have reception etc, that if you have your phone with you, you can contact people and be contacted. Think of how good they are for if you, or someone else, is going overseas. You can get international roaming put on your phone and stay in touch with everyone at home even when your on the other side of the world.

I also use my ipod. It's so convenient; it's small and can be taken and used just about anywhere. It provides entertainment, and because they are compact, can fit in your pocket or bag easily and hardly take up any room.

The task also asked how long have you been using new communication technologies, and what influenced you to start? Well, I guess I have been using communication technologies since I was basically able to. I've been watching tv since I was little, and been using the computer since, I guess, primary school. And as I have gotten older, the technologies I use and how often I use them and what I use them for have changed greatly. When I was young, I used to use the phone only when I had to. Now, I use my mobile to talk to people whenever I'm bored, or just feel like it. What influenced me to start using communication technologies would have to have been the fact that they offer entertainment. Like I said, it all started with the tv and movies, and I watched them because they were entertaining. I used to chat on msn messenger etc because it was something to do. And now I use the computer mainly for uni purposes, but I still use the phone, tv and my ipod for entertainment reasons.