Wednesday, May 9, 2007

week 10 tute task

In the tute today we had to do a series of 'things' with Microsoft Word. We had to type a letter, then change some things to bold, italics and underline, do headers and footers then add tricky things using track changes, which I had never heard of before, and also use mail merge. I remember doing these things in year 10 BIP, but that was a long time ago, and didn't help me today! Apart from up to the headers and footers, I could remember nothing! That was my main problem; the fact that I am basically computer-illiterate when it comes to anything more technical than writing something and saving it! I also only had minor problems where what the instructions said would happen, didn't happen, and it completely confused me. Other minor things happened, for example when I was attempting to mail merge, my document kept vanishing, leaving only the insert mail merge toolbar thing, but I figured that one out myself! The solutions to my other problems that I couldn't figure out myself was asking Adam and the people next to me for help. It definitely wasn't too simple for me, but I think next time it would be much easier. It would have been easier for people that know the kind of basic computer skills. It was a bit confusing, but like I said before, after I got help, it was alright. I can definitely see how this software could be useful to me in the future; when I have to send impressive resumes I can use my new-found skills to jazz it up a bit! It's also just handy to know these things.

No comments: