Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Week 5 lecture post

Good afternoon,
Week 5's lecture was about virtual reality, philosophy and the screen age. It re-capped all the things that existed before and ultimately helped to create virtual reality; like telegraph, telephone, cinema etc. It also explained virtual language; most of it I remember learning in high school english, but it was still really useful to be reminded of all the concepts. And to re-read them all reminds me how important they are to videos, for example sound, as well as all the different camera angles. However, all this virtual reality stuff confused me...until vision, sound, touch and taste and smell are used as examples, and that makes it clear to me. The touch one is interesting; like force feedback-forces acting on muscles, joints and tendons. Although I'm not sure if I can think of a time I have experienced this, maybe that's because I don't really understand the touch part, but it's still cool to read about! All this virtual stuff is still a little over my head, maybe I need to read it in simpleton terms! But anyway, they were the stand-out concepts of the lecture, because I kinda understodd them and they were interesting!

Til next time!

No comments: